expo 67 lounge

Mid-century fashion, vintage pop culture and retro cool... from Expo 67 and beyond.

11 October 2007

A Spring Wedding, 1960

My aunt and uncle got married on the sun-filled day of May 7, 1960. The 10am ceremony was held at the Saint Boniface German parish, corner Hôtel de Ville and Pine Avenue, while the reception was held at The Bucharest on Saint Lawrence Boulevard.

"How do I look?"...


The proud father of the bride.

My grandparents' duplex was located on Lumbsden Street (Meunier, today).


The Saint Boniface parish still exists today, and the interior has not changed.


I just love the beautiful wedding cake...

images: personal collection

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such nostalgia, lovely pictures....and the dress !!! But I digress, hey I'm a "poet" and don't know it teehee....xoxox

8:32 am  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

I've actually seen the dress, Aunt Annie still has it. It does show its age, but it is still a sight to behold...

9:04 am  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

But it's nothing like our dress, right Mousse? ;-)

Lovely pictures...aaahhh the sixties... everything looked so nice.

2:50 pm  
Blogger mod*mom said...

picture perfect!
(her dad is very young + handsome)

5:22 pm  
Blogger Jenn Ski said...

What a cute wedding!

8:27 am  

Post a Comment

Home

← Older Posts

Newer Posts →