expo 67 lounge

Mid-century fashion, vintage pop culture and retro cool... from Expo 67 and beyond.

18 June 2006

Expo Lounge

The name "Expo Lounge" is inspired by a real place.

When I moved into my boyfriend's apartment 3 years ago, the deal was that I could redecorate what had previously been the roomate's bedroom. Being right next to the living room, we removed the door and decided to make a second living room, or "lounge".

An avid collector of Expo 67 paraphenilia, I wanted to showcase this collection. Over the course of almost 10 years, I have amassed photographs, books, ashtrays, plates, newspapers, slides, postcards... the list goes on and on...

Naturally, I owned way too much stuff to display all at once, but my favorite items found their spot in the Expo Lounge. The rest was tucked safely away in boxes.

I am a window dresser, and at one point we were selling off old mannequins at work (and, it just so happened, these were my favorite series of mannequins). I jumped on the opportunity to own what I call "life-sized Barbies". I own three in total, with two in my lounge. Dressed up in full 60's regalia, these girls create a striking focal point in the room.

People that have seen the Expo Lounge are fascinated. I have created a total environment that expresses my passion for Expo 67.

photos: Janicke Morissette (www.lebureauofficiel.com)/
Jean-François Brière (www.jfbriere.com)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger stinkypaw said...

Like the pictures - good job!

For having seen the "Expo Lounge", it felt like a trip down memory lane, so many things from my childhood - cool! Very Cool!

1:43 pm  

Post a Comment

Home

← Older Posts

Newer Posts →