expo 67 lounge

Mid-century fashion, vintage pop culture and retro cool... from Expo 67 and beyond.

10 June 2006

The Sound of Expo 67

Long before I had my iPod, I used to create theme compilation CDs. I loved hunting out the perfect collection of songs for each theme. And, with a graphic designer boyfriend, these CDs always had fabulous covers.

Inspired by an 18-minute souvenir record from Expo 67, I decided to do my own Expo CD. "Sounds of Expo 67" was a narrated tour of Expo, sold in a ready to mail package. The final recording was a bit obscure and bizarre, but I'm coming to the realization that I like bizarre 60's obscurity!

With this recording, I cut the narration into 10-15 second "sound bites", using sound editing software. I mixed these sound bites with cheesy 60's lounge music, and the Michèle Richard version of the Expo theme song, and, voilà!... "The Sound of Expo 67" was born!

To hear the original 1967 recording, click here.

images: (top) expo67.ncf.ca
(bottom) author's own

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger stinkypaw said...

Would like to hear and see that CD one day. and why am I not surprised that Michèle is on there? =^..^=

11:37 pm  

Post a Comment

Home

← Older Posts

Newer Posts →