expo 67 lounge

Mid-century fashion, vintage pop culture and retro cool... from Expo 67 and beyond.

10 December 2006

Expo 67 Christmas Tree

Tinsel trees were very stylish in the 1950's and 60's. After a long search, I finally found one last year, from a window-dressing décor supplier.

This year, I decided to make the tree Expo 67 themed. With a series of cards produced by Molson Breweries in 1967, I created the pavilion ornaments: I had the cards plasticized, and I attached Martha Stewart ornament ribbons to them (I love Martha...).

The tree is lit with the same type of large, opaque Christmas lights my grandmother used to use on her Yuletide tree.

The result: my first ever Expo 67 Christmas tree!

photos: personal collection

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tree is beautiful. It fully expresses your interest in Expo and retro at the same time.

7:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool Jason, I really love it !!! You never stop reinventing yourself, clever !!
Love from Auntie Mousse

3:29 pm  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

Thanks, Mousse!

5:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason:

That is so cool, great idea. What a unique creation.

My grandma used to have a tinsel tree, she didn't use lights but instead had a small revolving spot light with different colors.

Chas

2:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOOOOOOO schoen !!!!!!

10:24 am  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

Really cool! And soooo "Martha" of you!

4:42 pm  
Blogger Barbara Collishaw said...

I have one of those trees, which was given to my family in 1958. We NEVER put lights on it, only under it. I still get it out at Christmas, but the family is divided on its value. Some love it and some hate it.
Mine was made in Toronto: I still have the original box.

12:10 am  

Post a Comment

Home

← Older Posts

Newer Posts →