expo 67 lounge

Mid-century fashion, vintage pop culture and retro cool... from Expo 67 and beyond.

1 May 2007

My 15 Minutes of Expo Fame

A couple of weeks ago, I was asked by a reporter from the Montreal Gazette to do a video interview for the web. On the occasion of Expo 67's anniversary, they wanted to profile people whose lives have been touched in one way or another by the event. What always seems to intrigue everyone is that I'm too young to have actually seen Expo 67...

Click here to see the interview.

The interview was filmed at my apartment, in the real Expo Lounge. Those with a keen eye will recognize Maxine the mannequin in the background...

images: video.canada.com

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice piece. You have an interesting little accent. :)

10:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cool...you're a natural on camera !!! Mousse

2:02 am  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

So cool! You're quite the natural - behind and infront of the camera - good work!

2:49 pm  
Blogger cityofmushrooms said...

great video jason -- glad to see you "in person"

3:57 pm  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

I was a little nervous.

Let's just say it was well edited...

4:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice video Jason, you have some collection there.

During Expos' run during the summer of 1967 the world was going through some major events. The cold war was at it's height, the 6 day war in the middle east was being fought. Vietnam was in the headlines on a daily basis, and yet, to my knowledge, there was no major demonstrations on the Expo site. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As a young teen (14-15) when I visited Expo many things stand out in my memory. I'm just going to mention one, we were at the USSR pavilion and noticed two sailors. They were from the Soviet Union, and we had our Expo passports, and asked the sailors if they could autograph our Expo passports and they did, they could not speak very good English, but we thanked them. I still have my Expo passport with their signatures along with the official stamp from the USSR pavilion.

In that little corner of the world (Montreal) it was the best of times in a world of the worst of times.

Peace

1:26 am  
Blogger mod*mom said...

you are tooo coool jason!

4:58 pm  
Blogger mod*mom said...

Wow! you are a natural television personality! i LOVE your blog + myspace + all you've taught me about expo67!!! it's so fun that i can watch this video now whenever i wan to + i'm going to forward it to my friend danny richard + ask if he's related to michele, bravo celebrity pal :)

5:03 pm  

Post a Comment

Home

← Older Posts

Newer Posts →