expo 67 lounge

Mid-century fashion, vintage pop culture and retro cool... from Expo 67 and beyond.

13 August 2007

Expo 67 Billboards

The first time I saw one of these roadside billboards, put out by french specialty channel Historia, my eyes nearly popped out of my head!

Expo's anniversary is currently being honored with a series of billboards in the Montreal area. These striking ads feature classic Expo 67 graphics that capture the spirit of the event and its era.

How I would love to wallpaper my place with one of these!


images: author's own

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

# 2 would make the ultimate wallpaper...these photos are beautiful because of their simplicity...

Gotta love Expo '67 !!!

9:15 am  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

I totally agree. A kaleidoscope mural would be awesome!

1:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are these billboards promoting a special show (or series of shows) on Historia? Is there some reason why they're up? Or is it just some sort of general branding campaign for the station?

7:44 pm  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

Historia did a great 1 hour documentary (in french) to commemorate Expo. It was broadcast this spring.

I believe these posters are simply to pay tribute to Expo as a part of our history.

7:51 am  
Blogger stinkypaw said...

Every time I see one of those I think of you!

12:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reminds me of Beau Dommage's song "Blues de la Métropole":

"En 67 tout était beau
C'était l'année d'l'amour, c'était l'année d'l'Expo Chacun son beau passeport avec une belle photo J'avais des fleurs d'ins'cheveux, fallait-tu êt'niaiseux?"

I do hope you knew this :)

8:27 am  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

Bien sur, Natasha!

10:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't we seen these billboards in... Laval??

9:08 pm  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

Steph, don't remind me!

6:55 am  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

For the record, the photos were taken in Montreal...

4:04 pm  

Post a Comment

Home

← Older Posts

Newer Posts →