expo 67 lounge

Mid-century fashion, vintage pop culture and retro cool... from Expo 67 and beyond.

30 April 2006

Expo 67 Through the Eyes of Lillian Seymour


This is an amazing collection of vintage vacation photos I came across while surfing the internet.

Taken by an elderly Lillian Seymour, an abandoned scrapbook of these photos was recently found on the streets in Cambridge, Massachusets. Included in the set are photos of the New York World's Fair in 1964, Expo 67, and Expo's 1968 follow-up: Man and His World.

Not much is known about Lillian Seymour, and this mystery intrigues me.

These photos are amazingly sophisticated for a little old lady on vacation...!

Of course, Lillian would never see the invention of the internet. I can't help but wonder, though, what she would say if she knew her pictures would one day be seen all across the world...

photo: www.flickr.com/photos/ninecormorants

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked at Expo every day for nearly the six months it lasted.Lillian's photos allow me to see what Expo was really like for the ordinary visitor.Some of her photos are great and I find she had a very developped artistic sense.

Love your site and come here regularly.Keep it up!

6:52 pm  
Blogger Bill said...

I worked at expo'67 from april to september, and I also worked at La Ronde amusement park in '68 (on the merry-go-round, the big wheel,etc.) I totally share what 'Anonymous' said.Thank you for posting these photographs.

3:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Home

← Older Posts

Newer Posts →