expo 67 lounge

Mid-century fashion, vintage pop culture and retro cool... from Expo 67 and beyond.

4 July 2006

Hey Friend Say Friend

After years of searching, I have finally found the original cover art to the 45 single of the Expo 67 theme song, as done by Michèle Richard. Michèle is dressed in the official Expo hostess uniform.

Needless to say, it is very rare and ultra hard to find!

Side A is the original french version Un jour un jour while side B features the English version.

It is the ultimate piece in my collection, the one that bridges the gap between my two biggest passions: Expo 67 and Michèle Richard!

image: personal collection

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger stinkypaw said...

Congratulations! Your persistence paid off! I'm so happy for you!

12:11 pm  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

Isn't it fab? I can't believe I FINALLY have it!!!

8:02 pm  
Blogger Kevin Burton Smith said...

Now if it was only available somewhere, somehow, on mp3...

This is one very very homesick Canadian and Montrealer dreading another lonely Canada Day in Southern California.

La fete nationale last week was bad enough (although I did mystify my colleagues at work by playing all-Quebec music after closing the store: Pag, Charlebois, Offenbach, la Bolduc, Harmonium, Gilles Valliquette, Plume, etc.) but Canada Day without something appropriately Canada Dayish?

And what could be more appropriate than Hey Friend/Say Friend?

Please, not again...

4:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there any chance you ever came across Oscar Brand singing Something to sing about associated with Expo 67?

5:22 am  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

I've never heard of Oscar Brand... Is it any good?

7:02 am  
Anonymous JoãoMachado said...

Do you have the lyrics of "Hey friend, Say friend"?
I'm very courius about it!

4:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jason,

I was one of the original 240 EXPO 67 hostess....i now live away from Montreal [ have for 40 years ] but very nostalgic about finding a blog or a site where I could get in contact with some of my old friends.

Nicole Blondin Fleming

2:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the 45 of the theme song sung by Donald Lautrec equally rare?

1:53 pm  

Post a Comment

Home

← Older Posts

Newer Posts →