expo 67 lounge

Mid-century fashion, vintage pop culture and retro cool... from Expo 67 and beyond.

24 May 2007

Retro Recipe: Coppertone Cocktail

Ingredients:

• 1/2 oz dark rum
• 1 oz Malibu rum
• 3 oz pineapple juice
• float melon liqueur

Mixing instructions:

Combine dark rum, Malibu rum, pineapple juice & ice in mixing tin. Shake. Strain over ice and float melon liqueur. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

This cocktail combines my love for coconut with my obsession of suntan lotion. Enjoy!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does it smell like Coppertone?

I like Piña Coladas myself. Virgin, though.

11:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that reminds me: My parents have a cocktail recipe book -- encyclopedia, more like, as it's a very hefty tome -- that you'd die for. It's called Playboy's Host & Bar Book. There are recipes for every conceivable drink, a section extolling vodka as the perfect lunchtime drink because it doesn't smell, and hangover hair-of-the-dog drinks.

Look it up on Amazon. The cover art is so retro. And if I recall correctly, the contents are highly un-PC.

11:26 pm  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

Ah, how to describe the wonders of the Coppertone Cocktail? I would say that it tastes the way Coppertone smells (?)!

Speaking of cheesy, my dad had these swanky Playboy swizzle sticks in the 70's. They were shaped like (buxom) women in bikinis, and when you put them into a clear drink (like vodka), the bikini disappeared...

If your parents ever want to part with said book, let me know...

8:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose I could just take it the next time I visit them. What's really excellent is that in the middle there's a folded piece of paper on which my dad had written down stuff for a party... an early 70s party.

11:00 am  
Blogger Jason Stockl said...

I want it!

12:31 pm  

Post a Comment

Home

← Older Posts

Newer Posts →