expo 67 lounge

Mid-century fashion, vintage pop culture and retro cool... from Expo 67 and beyond.

6 May 2006

Coconut Love


When I love something, I become obsessed.

I once read somewhere that the sense of smell can trigger very powerful memories. To this day, the smell of coconut/suntan lotion brings me back to childhood trips to the beach with my parents. It also represents, for me, a 60's and 70's beauty ideal: the deep, dark suntan.

My coconut passion has since developped into a way of life. I like nothing better than lying out in the sun during summer months, slathered in coconut-scented suntan lotion.

I am constantly on the lookout coconut foods and products in stores, restaurants, supermarkets...

I never tire of the sensual, tropical smell and taste of coconut!

images: (1) unknown source
(2 and 3) flipflopsmiley.blogspot.com

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger stinkypaw said...

Ok! ok! I will bring you a bottle of coconut syrup next time we see each other!
By the way, since this is my "second" post, this isn't funny anymore... Sorry! :-(

On one of our first trip to Hawaii we discovered this little shop (in Waikiki) that has amazing sun care products - I stock their after-sun lotion "Save-A-Tan"! All their sun products are aloe based so very soothing after a day in the sun.

I digress, have a look at their web site (http://www.waikikialoe.com/) in the "Natural Expressions" section they have this "Tropical Coconut Shampoo", thought it be of interest to you.

Just thought I'd share...

8:35 pm  

Post a Comment

Home

← Older Posts

Newer Posts →